Wednesday 5 December 2012

Field Trip


              On Thursday, I went to a field trip in class of culinary skills.

              First, we went to Sobby’s. It was pretty fun that if I did not know about my foodstuffs, I guessed it, and I looked for it. I could find a interesting foodstuff. It is a white onion, because I had never seen it in my country. So I t was surprised.

              Next, we went to farm of cows. I have ever milked a cow in my country, so I had seen a cow before, but I was for the first time to go to the big stock farm which is many cows. So I could learn many things from there. For example, cows eat a feed which is including corns. And they do a toilet as stand. It was surprised, because I did not think that surely they do it as stand. Calves and cows were separating the place. Probably, the calves can join cows after over 6 months from was born. We could see a calf which was born in Thursday morning. The calf did not stand up yet. After we observed cows, we went to a scene of be milked a cow. I was first time to see it. A cow was milked a cow twice a day. I wanted to try to drink the milk.

              Finally, we went to culinary center in downtown. First we heard a presentation from chefs, and we tried to eat mussel. It was so delicious. After that, we had lunch. I ate a salad, a pasta and dessert. The salad was that dressing was so good. I thought it was including maple syrup, so too sweet. But it was not too sweet, so good taste. Also, the pasta was good. And I like the dessert, because I really love cream bluree. But I was for the first time to eat chocolate cream bluree, but it was very good. I want to make it another time. To maintain manners were more difficult than I thought. Specially, it was difficult how to use fork for me, because I always stab foods by fork. Before we go back, the chefs gave to us books and chef’s hats.

              There were many first time experiences for me in the field trip, and it was good experience for me. I want to utilize that after this which learned things.

No comments:

Post a Comment